This course is intended to introduce the participants to First Aid and to equip them with the skill and confidence to approach a number of common medical emergencies and the correct procedure to follow when contacting the medical response services.
The learner will acquire the techniques and understanding in the correct use of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and a number of other medical emergencies.
This first aid course is the designed for anyone with limited or no medical training.
Number of participants: 4-6 per session (8-10 can also be catered for) on completion of the training session the participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skill to successfully cope with the following medical emergencies and procedures
- Assess a patient who has collapsed
- Perform CPR on an adult, child and infant.
- Recognise the signs of choking and use the appropriate techniques to clear the blockage on a adult, child, infant or pregnant person
- Correct use of AED (automated external defibrillator) on an adult and child
- Stroke treatment and FAST assessment
- Heart attack/angina signs , symptom treatment
- Correct use of Aspirin
Methodology: The course requires approximately 5 hours to complete.
Manual for First Aid Course: learners manual /PowerPoint handouts. All Participants will receive gloves and masks while Covid restrictions remain in place
Assessment: the participant will be assessed throughout the day on their skills with a written test at the end of the session completion of which is required to receive certification
First Aid Certificate is certified and valid for 2 years.
Course cost: €80 per person
Please call us now on 0851075135, email us at email@example.com or fill out our contact form now.